Today I’m bringing you a very practical episode with everything you need to know about how to have a positive mindset – things to avoid, that will put you in a terrible mindset and must-dos to make sure you start the day with the right mindset, with a good attitude so life can flow for you.
You might be thinking that you already know what I’m going to say, that we need to focus on the positive, try to have positive thoughts, be optimistic and always see the bright side, but none of that will be in the list, because that’s not how you develop a healthy positive mindset!
There is a list of 6 things to avoid at all costs, that will put you in a terrible mindset and 6 must dos for a healthy positive mindset and I’m sure some of them will really surprise you, so go straight to the episode!
Hello everyone and welcome to another episode of The Positive Mindset Tribe.
This is your host Verónica and today I’m bringing you a very practical episode with everything you need to know about how to have a positive mindset, things to avoid, that will put you in a terrible mindset and must-dos to make sure you start the day with the right mindset, with a good attitude so life can flow for you.
You might be thinking that you already know what I’m going to say – that we need to focus on the positive, try to have positive thoughts, be optimistic and always see the bright side, but none of that will be in the list, because that’s not how you develop a healthy positive mindset, that is just fluffy false positivity.
There is a list of 6 things to avoid at all costs, that will put you in a terrible mindset and 6 must dos for a healthy positive mindset and I’m sure some of them will really surprise you, so keep listening!
In the previous episode we talked about how changing your mindset can transform your life, why it is so important to pay attention to your mindset and I explained what having a positive mindset really means, it is not just about reading positive affirmations or trying to be positive about everything and live in world of birds and flowers, it is much more than that.
It is about knowing and trusting that you have the tools and resources you need to deal with anything that might come your way. It is about believing in yourself, knowing how to celebrate the good moments but also loving yourself in the bad ones. It is about understanding your deep beliefs, programs, unconscious patterns that might me running your life unconsciously so you can get rid of them and improve your self-confidence and reconnect with your inner wisdom.
We covered this topic deeply last week and it is a very important one so if you haven’t listened to that episode add it to your playlist before you forget!
So let’s get started with the DON’TS, habits to avoid if you want to have a positive mindset.
- Start your morning by checking your phone. Your mobile phone in general, is something to avoid as much as possible. Notifications beeping all the time. The attention span has decreased dramatically. Try and avoid checking your phone, set a timer. You’ll see how you will automatically want to keep checking it, even if you have checked it only 2 minutes ago. It has become a terrible habit that has made us addicted to this device! It will reduce your concentration, your productivity, not to mention that what do you normally find on your phone on social media on the news?
- Which leads me to the second DON’T. Mainstream news, whether that’s TV, radio, social media are TOXIC. As simple as that. Designed to promote fear, anger so people can be controlled more easily. Designed to brainwash us. Personally, I find very little truth in the news these days, I can only see bad intentions, manipulation. Tell me, when was the last time you watched the news and thought ‘oh, that was such a great use of my time’? I understand you want to be informed. First of all find alternative sources of information. Read books instead of TV. And what about the commercials that encourage such a superficial way of living, that make you feel that if you are not pretty enough, that if you don’t make enough money , if you don’t have a fancy car, if you don’t have the iphone 36 you will be no one in society. And especially because normally people have the TV or radio on while we are eating, or driving, it’s kind of in the background, so all those terrible messages are going straight into your subconscious. And they are going to be forming all those limiting beliefs we talked about in the last episode. So even if you are not aware of what’s going on, when you watch one of those commercials, they are sending the belief that men only like skinny women. That if you don’t lose weight you won’t find love. And you wake up every day thinking oh god I’m fat, I need to lose weight, says who? I got rid of my TV 6 or u7 years ago and it was the best decision of my life.
- Avoid wireless devices. Radiation coming from mobile phones, wifi routers, and other wireless devices is extremely harmful for our brain and energy field. Obviously the big companies that make a lot of money from selling you their super expensive smartphones won’t tell you that, but there are many studies about the harmful effects of mobile phones. At the beginning I thought it couldn’t be that bad, but I had an experience that made me change my mind completely about the use of mobile phones. During lockdown my phone fell to the water and couldn’t use it for two weeks and then I had to make a phone call and it gave me a terrible headache. I was shocked! Now I always have it on airplane mode if I’m not using it and I try to use it as little as possible. For example I have watsapp and telegram on my laptop. Turn your router off at night, you will sleep better, you will get a proper rest.
- Be very careful with the people you surround yourself by. Negative people, that project their negativity and insecurities onto you. If you feel drained when you are with them. I know sometimes these people are family or close friends that you cannot just kick out of your life, I get it. But set healthy boundaries or limit the time you spend with them.
- I hate to be the one to tell you this… but my loves, the food we eat has such a big impact on our mindset. Especially sugar. Why? Because different parts of the brain are fueled by different foods. Sugar feeds the limbic brain, which focuses on survival and its primary emotion is fear. The programs of the limbic brain are known as the four Fs – feeding, fighting, fear and fornicating. The part of the brain in charge of creativity, problem solving, selfless love, sense of oneness, connection and spirituality needs healthy fats to work. So when you are eating sugar, whether that’s chocolate, sweets, pasta, you are feeding the part of your brain that prioritises survival. So you will be living in survival mode. Your brain will feel sluggish, foggy. And don’t get me wrong, this function of the brain is necessary for emergencies, when there is a threat. But if we want to access the highest functions of our brain, which are the ones that will allow us to have a healthy mindset, you will need to eliminate sugar from your diet. Otherwise we wil be stuck in a survival mindset not a mindset for success, joy, love, compassion or spiritual experiences.
- Ignore your thoughts, beliefs, sweep under the carpet. If your life is not flowing, you repeat similar patterns, there is something that might need to change because if you feel like you tend to be stuck that’s not how life should be!
NOW LET’S MOVE TO THE DOS, things and habits that will have a positive impact on your mindset.
- Add some for of spiritual practice to your day (meditation, prayer etc.). Either 5 minutes to just focus your thoughts, on your breath, or a mantra. You might want to focus on gratitude, connecting with your intuition, or just sending love to yourself. Every client I have ever worked I have told them to do some form of meditation. Guided visualisations are a deep and powerful tool that can change thoughts and emotions stored int the subconscious. Go to my Youtube channel where I have loads of guided meditation on different topics if you want to explore this further.
- Morning routine. HOW YOU START YOUR DAY WILL SET THE TONE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. Think about the days when you rush, go straight to your phone, leave the house in a hurry, how did the rest of the day go? It doesn’t need to be complicated, it can take 5-10 minutes, but add a few habits that will put you in the right mindset at the beginning of the day. Meditation, prayer, journaling, cold shower, exercise, having a healthy breakfast… You know what makes you feel good!
- Spend time in nature, less technology, less Alexa, more trees! The energy from the trees, from mother nature is healing. Go to your local park and sit by or walk next to the trees and plants for a few minutes every day.
- Find your tribe! If you are starting a business, go to networking events and meet like minded people. If you want to quit an addiction, go to a support group. If you want to improve your heath, sign up to the gym, or to an activity, find a self-improvement buddy! We are like balls of energy and we need to be surrounded by people who are in our highest interest. Sometimes we will be he ones helping and having an impact on others, but if we don’t have the right mindset, we won’t be in a good position to help anyone!
- Develop a self-care routine and a loving relationship with yourself. Learn to treat yourself with compassion, with love. Celebrate and value yourself. If don’t, no one else will!
- Deep transformation requires deep work. Don’t be afraid to go deep. TO listen to those negative messages, instead of ignoring them try to understand where they come from so you can change them!
So my invitation for you today is to start taking action, make a plan to reduce the don’ts and add more dos to your life!
- No mobile phone first thing in the morning and reduce usage in general.
- Reduce or eliminate exposure to news, radio, social media.
- Reduce usage of wireless devices, especially at night.
- Set limits with negative people.
- Reduce or eliminate sugar and processed foods.
- Don’t ignore your thoughts, beliefs, and sweep under the carpet.
- Add some form of meditation, mind training, prayer to your daily routine.
- Be mindful of the first thing you do in the morning and build a healthy morning routine.
- Spend more time in nature.
- Find your tribe.
- Self-care and self-love.
- Go deep, start that self-discovery process that will help you become the best version of yourself.
With this information, what is going to be your action plan? I would love to hear about your plans and the results!
Ok my loves, thank you so much for being here and listening to this podcast, thank you being part of The Positive Mindset Tribe!
If you are enjoying this podcast please subscribe, give it a good review and share with your friends and loved ones, invite people to the tribe!
And feel free to reach out with any questions or suggestions of topics you would like me to cover in future episodes!
Sending much love and light to everyone,
See you next week!
Want to be the first one to know about new episodes, more free content and upcoming events? Subscribe to The Positive Mindset Tribe newsletter here!