The mind is like an iceberg. The beliefs and thoughts you are aware of (the conscious mind) are just the tip of the iceberg.
But it is what is under the water – the subconscious mind – that actually runs our lives, whether we are aware of it or not!
If at an early age you developed the belief (or inherited or copied from your ancestors or previous lifetimes) ‘I am not worthy of love’ you will find yourself in situations or relationships that confirm that belief.
All these beliefs (decisions we make about ourselves, others or the world that we believe to be true without questioning them) will condition you to attract certain partners, experiences, situations that might not be in your highest interest.
Some of them might be good old friends and you might be very aware of them. (‘I am not good enough’ anyone?)
Others get buried in the subconscious mind and are more difficult to identify, let alone change!
Today I want to guide you through a powerful process to help you identify the beliefs that are not longer serving you and replace them with empowering ones that will help you create the life of joy and purpose you came here to live.
You can watch the video or follow the instructions below.
– Grab pen and paper and find a comfortable space where you won’t be disturbed. Burn some incense or light up a candle anything that helps you get in the zone!
– Write down any limiting beliefs you are aware of and would like to replace.
– If nothing comes to mind or you are in the mood to do some ‘digging’, visualise yourself living your highest life. Full of joy, success, abundance, love… See if there is any resistance in the body or any energies that don’t feel ‘quiet right’ bout this vision. Where is it? What colour is it? If it had a voice, what would it be saying. Without judgement or resentment, let them speak, and add any beliefs or negative self-talk to the list.
– For each belief, ask yourself: When did I decide that ….’insert your belief here’? This might take you to a specific memory or a set of memories. Trust whatever comes to your awareness first!
– How did this belief serve you back then?
– How is it serving you now?
– What empowering belief would you like to have instead?
– And the most important one… What does your younger self (the one who made the belief) need to be convinced that this new belief is 100% true?
This last question will be the most challenging to do on your one, and you will need to get creative! But this is where the magic happens, this is how you can achieve deep healing and transformation. Imagery is the language of the subconscious mind, so through visualising this dialogue with your younger self, you are rewiring your brain to believe a different story.
Ask your younger self what she needs, maybe she would like to say something she couldn’t say, maybe you can help her see the events from a different angle or give her resources to make a new decision about herself. If you are struggling with this step, this meditation will help you.
If you enjoyed this article, you will love my FREE 7-DAY COURSE ‘STEP INTO YOUR POWER WITH CONFIDENCE AND JOY’. Sign-up for free here and receive a lesson every day for 7 days to help you reclaim your power and live your highest life.
Hi, I’m Verónica! I work with women on a self-development journey who feel ready to do the deep healing so they can live they joyful and fulfilling life they deserve. I have helped many women across the globe (almost 20 countries now!) to step into their power and elevate themselves beyond their story and start living in an authentic and fulfilling way, leaving the people pleasing, self-doubts and old ways of living behind.